Fields of activities:
Brief description of your activity focus
macroeconometrics, counterfactual analysis, numerical methods in macroeconomics, spatial econometrics
Details about Expertise / Competences / Technologies
Economist, research director at the HETFA Research Institute. Previously she was employed as assistant
professor at Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics. She received
her PhD degree at Corvinus University of Budapest in 2003. Her main research areas are macroeconomic
modelling, program evaluation, application of spatial econometrics in analysing spatial processes,
application of numerical methods in macroeconomics.
International and national projects beyond EU Framework Programme
Main activities and responsibilities in national projects are especially related to model based and counterfactual
(quasi experimental econometric methods) program evaluation of cohesion and development policy, especially:
- Senior expert trainer and teaching material developer for Training in Impact Assesment. The training was
held in 2013 in Budapest with 80 participant from different government ministries and agencies. Activities:
delivering presentations and teaching.
- Senior expert in “Evaluation of Cohesive Impact of EU Funds in Hungary” project, sponsored by the National
Development Agency, 2013. Activities: developing and estimating a spatial econometric model in the quasi-
- Team coordinator and senior expert in the “Establishing labour market forecasts and foreseeing structural
changes, Priority project TÁMOP - 2.3.2-09/1”, Subproject 9: Predicting the number of employed and unemployed
according to sector, profession and qualification, Insitute of Economics Research Centre for Economic and
Regional Studies of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 2013. Actitivities: developing statistical model
forecasting labour supply, coordination of the subproject work.
- Senior expert in “Evaluatin of Programs Influencing Employment” project, sponsored by the National
Development Agency, 2012. Activities: developing macro-econometric model, developing and estimating a spatial
- Senior expert in Counterfactual Impact Assessment Training in the „Development of the evaluation capacity
of the evaluation units within the Managing Authorities and the Authority for Coordination of Structural
Instruments in Romania” program, Bucharest, 2011. Activities: delivering presentations and teaching.
- Expert in Counterfactual impact assessment in the “Development strategies of small- and medium
enterprises (2007-2013) – intermediate evaluation” project, sponsored by the Ministry of National Development,
2010. Activies: applying quasi-experimental econometric methods, performing statistical calculations.
- Expert in Counterfactual impact assessment in the “A review about the ‘support-addiction’ of enterprises,
and the differences in acquisition of development funds, its causes and consequences” project, sponsored by the
MAG Hungarian Economic Development Center, 2010. Activities: applying quasi-experimental econometric
methods, performing statistical calculations.
- Expert in Counterfactual impact assessment in the “Evaluation of the economic impact of intervention in
‘development of business infrastructure’” project, sponsored by the National Deveopment Agency, 2009.
Activities: applying quasi-experimental econometric methods, performing statistical calculations.