Fields of activities:
|» Gender and sexuality studies |
» Computer sciences
|» Other formal sciences |
» Education (incl. training, pedagogy, didactics)
» Family and consumer service
Brief description of your activity focus
The Association intends to be an international catalyst which is able to integrate both sexes of knowledge in technology innovation.
Details about Expertise / Competences / Technologies
The Association of Hungarian Women in Science is a national network. Its members are researchers, university professors, engineers from all areas of science and innovation.
We represent with joint commitment the issue of gender equality in science and research, synchronizing our endeavors with the related activities of governmental agencies.
We believe that all our activities serve the positive change, that we create new values, and that innovation is the best answer to challenges.
We consider especially important that that women’s knowledge, education, capabilities answer the scientific challenges of our era, and that the society acknowledges and supports this knowledge for its own benefit.
The Association strives to create new value in the scope of conferences, workshops, interactive open days and to provide information through inspiring online surfaces and newsletters rich in content. We collect from international sources, select, adapt to local conditions and put into practice those incentive initiatives which can be followed by the whole society.
Accordingly, the aims ot the Association are:
• Supporting the scientific/technical career of women
• Increasing the ratio, representation and decision-making role of women in scientific research and innovation
• Analysing the background and conditions of gender equality in the area of research, technology and innovation
• Contributing to increase the number of the new generation of researchers and engineers
• Awareness raising and changing of public opinion/attitude
• Raising the support of women’s scientific career to national programme level.
Present and future tasks of the Association of Hungarian Women in Science are:
1. Follow with attention the situation of women in science both at national and international level
2. Provide assistance and support for women in their scientific or technologic career (advising, mentoring, etc.)
3. Organize interactive open days (Girls’s Day) to increase the ratio of female students at STEM faculties and of women in research and innovation
4. Organize awareness raising events all over Hungary
5. Introduce inspiring role models
6. Participate in the work of national and international working groups
7. Adapt and put into practice international good practices
8. Collect and provide data on the equal opportunities of woman researchers
9. Initiate and continue collaborations with universities, research institutes and companies with the aim of changing attitude